Saturday, September 4, 2010

Frequency Of Hindi Free Channels

My Tribute to Laurent Fignon

On Tuesday, August 31, 2010, died one of the leading cyclists of modern times, the Frenchman Laurent Fignon .



to me is that I fell off particularly well, as almost all the English fans that we supported our Perico Delgado, Marino Lejarreta, Julian Gorospe, Jesus Blanco Villar, Angel Arroyo, Jose Luis Laguía, Vicente Belda, Alvaro Pino, Anselmo Fuerte ...... and many others certainly unfairly, my memory but forgets to mention .... none escapes us the great class and the French presence was all in August's time for our children, bringing the legendary peaks of the neighboring country.



turning days ..... I've been wanting to pay a small tribute to my humble blog because he was part of my adolescence, when cycling became in my passion ...... and even thought several news gathering, I thought it would be an article too long and heavy for those of you @ s @ s who is not too interested in this topic.


why I decided to just put here a link to the links that I found most representative to the on-line publications that have been made in different digital media, so that you can read that @ s you who are really interested:

- Fignon Honors Tour - SPORT.ES

- Laurent Fignon, a cyclist, a person, a rebel - The País.com

- Politically Incorrect conviction - The Mundo.es

- Die Laurent Fignon - Marca.com

- Die Fignon, the last rebel - ABC.es

Personally I'm staying with some passages of what I've read about him

  • Question from an amateur: "" "You are the rider who lost the Tour by just eight seconds?"

  • Fignon RESPONSE: "" "No, I am the runner who twice won the Tour" ""

  • Cycling was cruel to Fignon. Fans were never fully identified with him but instead he did he loved the sport. In his autobiography he admitted frankly that " at that time were proud, brave and boastful .

  • In 1993, his last year as a professional, it picked up the pack and the port of La Bonette, the highest road in Europe, alone "to enjoy that sensation " she would never have.
  • In the last Tour (2010) applauded Alberto Contador by Andy Schleck attack while it was gripped by nerves when he suffered a breakdown.
  • " curse my illness. It's my body against me and I can not accept "he said in one of his last televised interview in November 2009, just months after he knew that suffering from pancreatic cancer and incurable voracious . This afternoon, in Paris, where he was born 50 years ago, was forced to accept that the body eventually was right. was the first time Laurent Fignon bow to something that did not agree.
  • Ten years after its eruption Fignon said goodbye to professional cycling. His farewell, as his arrival, was also charged with symbolism. It was in the ascent of the Bonette-Restefonds, the roof of the Tour, 2,802 meters. In front, from the Izoard, Indurain and Rominger, the new era, seeking accelerated Tour victory was the third of Indurain, as is known, "behind all, the last volunteer, Fignon, hands on the levers, quiet, at their own pace. "I went a cyclist," he said. "I looked at the landscape , I enjoyed the climb, I enjoyed cycling. All was harmony around me. The cycling could continue without me. Life me continue." It was his last cabbage, the highest.
  • In 2009, when he announced he had cancer, when dijo que no pensaba que el dopaje tuviera nada que ver con el tumor, Fignon escribió un libro , Cuando éramos jóvenes y despreocupados , una autobiografía cuyas últimas líneas podrían ser, perfectamente, su epitafio. "He sido solo un hombre que ha hecho todo lo posible por abrirse un camino hacia la dignidad y la emancipación. Ser un hombre".
  • «Con un rival no se pacta, se pelea»

¡¡¡ DESCANSA EN PAZ, LAURENT !!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment